The fifth LIFE DICET Technical Workshop focuses on the topic “Alignment: possible reforms for integration”. The primary purpose of the workshop is for the invited experts to provide valuable input and help the LIFE DICET team to identify, conceptualise, and discuss the topic of possible reforms for Emissions Trading Systems (ETSs) alignment and carbon market integration. Specifically,
- How may the ETS regulators plan and implement the integration of the carbon markets concretely?
- What parts of the policy and regulatory frameworks should be revised in the respective ETSs for the purpose of integration?
- How should the ETS regulators coordinate their efforts on alignment?
The LIFE DICET team will produce in the subsequent months a background report for the use of the participants in the LIFE DICET Carbon Market Policy Dialogue. The main takeaways of the four previous LIFE DICET reports will contribute to addressing these questions.
- Stefano Verde | Florence School of Regulation – Climate, EUI
- Mette Quinn | DG Climate Action, European Commission
- Kay Harrison | New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade, Manatū Aorere*
- Andrei Marcu | European Roundtable on Climate Change and Sustainable Transition (ERCST)
- Michael Mehling | Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)